Sunday, March 11, 2012

Rock N Roll NOLA Expo

 Just before this picture, there was literally a countdown until race time, but it mysteriously disappeared. The packet pick up was in the Convention Center, which is ginormous!
Below (L to R): Christina, Paige, Missy, me, Mindy, Ann.
I rode over to Daphne early Saturday morning to ride with Christina. We picked up Ann in Mobile. I had never spent any time with either of them, but I'm not shy. :) We are all part of the Sole2Soul Sisters. Christina and Ann also both work for Alabama Power. Since my husband works for Gulf Power and worked for Alabama Power for more than 16 years, we had plenty in common.

 Above: I met Heather from one of my favorite blogs:
She is also a sales rep for one of my favorite companies: running skirts.
We spent a few hours walking around the expo. I only bought a few protein bars and I pre-ordered a certificate that gave me $75 worth of credit for my marathon photos. It only cost $50. Pretty good deal. We had intentions of going back by the apparel booths, but our stomachs were screaming for food.
 We walked over to the Riverwalk to the food court. It was already almost 2:00. Scott was on his way into town and I wanted to have a nice dinner with him. He had to stay behind due to the boys both having early morning activities. I opted for one of my protein bars instead of a meal at the food court. After that, it was time to head to the hotel. I was ready to get off my feet. I spent some time getting my gear ready and situated.

 Around 5:00, Scott and I set out for dinner. I wanted to stay close by the hotel and just eat at the same place where we ate last year. Scott wanted to explore. We walked and we walked and we walked. We eventually wound up at the same restaurant where a big group of S2S Sisters were eating, but there wasn't enough room to join in. We quickly made our way back to Margaritaville. It was perfect! Scott was able to enjoy a margarita and fish tacos. I had a blackened chicken pasta dish. Yummy! We had never eaten at Margaritaville before, but I would highly recommend it.

 There was a fun band playing in the bar area, but I just got a quick photo and we were on our way. Since we knew we would have to leave after the marathon, it was most important to go ahead to Cafe du Monde. I am so glad that Scott and I had this fun evening together! I would later regret the many miles that I had walked. I would guess that I walked atleast 5 miles on Saturday.
We picked up some caramel and chocolate covered apples for the boys on our way back to the hotel. I was actually in bed by 9:00 and slept pretty well until about 3:00. I would wake every thirty minutes, but was able to go back to sleep. I finally got up around 5:00. And then, the fun began!

No comments:

Post a Comment